Key expert 1: Team Leader (based in Canada)
Position: Key expert 1: Team Leader based in Canada
Project Title: EU Policy and Outreach Partnership in Canada III (FPI/BSB/2023/EA-RP/0008)
Starting date: 01st April 2024
Duration of project: (42 months) till October 2026
Number of working days: 480
Key expert 1: Team Leader
Key expert 1: Team Leader
The team leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of the technical assistance and ensure effective coordination between all project components. She/he will further have to demonstrate the ability to manage technical specialists as non-key experts for delivering the various technical tasks under the project.
The Team leader will also guarantee the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall project management and implementation, including that projects outputs, PIMS monitoring, and reports are appropriate, consistent, timely and of good quality.
The Team Leader shall have to demonstrate, throughout his/her proven qualifications, skills and professional experience, the following: excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented and service oriented work style; self-motivated ability to work independently; eye for detail/accuracy, resistance to stress; ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures (mainly regional/international organisations).
Qualifications and skill
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as public relations, public diplomacy, communication, management, or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English (C1 level) and French (C1 level); General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of economic development. Given the components of the contract and prioritisation, Key expert 1 shall possess a strong background in the trade sector.
- Proven professional track-record in Trade Affairs, Trade Policy Development and Execution, Trade Negotiations, Trade Promotion, Trade Markets Analysis as well as Trade Facilitation would be preferred.
General professional experience
At least 2 years of proved experience as a team leader in managing technical assistance projects/programmes (Project management skills; People management skills to be able to lead, coach and motivate a team of experts to deliver the required results; Experience in people and resource management);
Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment (public diplomacy, or public relations, or communication, or visibility, or equivalent);
At least 3 years working experience in one of the G20 Countries which is not part of the EU in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment;
- Participation in at least one project in the field of international affairs would be an asset;
- Participation in at least one project implying knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework approach would be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of specific professional experience (included in the 10 years of general professional experience) in the field of Public Diplomacy in external relations;
- Minimum 2 years of specific professional experience working in Public Diplomacy, Cultural Diplomacy and communication initiatives (included in the 10 years of general professional experience);
The expert must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Professional experience working with EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts, monitoring and evaluation (included in the 10 years of general professional experience) would be an asset;
- Working experience in Canada will be considered a strong asset.
- Proven knowledge of EU affairs will be considered as an asset.